Salvatore Strazzullo President
Sal Strazzullo is a first-generation Italian-American from Naples, Italy. His work ethic was instilled in large part by watching his father hold three jobs as a busboy, porter and deliveryman during his childhood. His mother raised her children with old world values but with an enormous emphasis on education. Although Sal attended a public school in the tough neighborhood of Bensonhurst, Brooklyn which had a graduation rate of less than 40%, he resolved not to become another statistic. He focused on his dream of becoming a lawyer and attended John Jay University, majoring in Political Science and graduating with honors before obtaining his law degree from New York Law School.
In 2001, Sal started Strazzullo Law Firm as a premier lawyer in New York, NY, a general practice firm specializing in all areas of the law, including criminal and civil litigation, real estate and estate planning. Sal has personally gone on to represent some of NYC’s elite in some of the most high profile criminal cases in the past decade, involving sports players, supermodels, actresses and rappers. He represents major corporate clients, such as Lioni Food Corp, the largest mozzarella corporation in the United States. His concern for his clients extends beyond the judicial courtroom and on to the court of public opinion. He fights rigorously for justice and is known for his compelling summations during trial.
Sal is passionate about giving back to the community, especially in his native Brooklyn. He is responsible for the 18th Avenue Christmas Tree Lighting in Brooklyn. He also supports candidates who are as devoted as he is to the community, hence why he served as Vice Chair of Senator Marty Golden’s election campaign, and supported Vincent Gentile’s victory to NYC Councilman. He was honored to be asked by Golden and Gentile to represent NYC Residents With Disabilities in a case against the MTA’s express bus cuts.
In 2005, he received the Aidone Social Cultural Association Humanitarian Award for his work in the community, and in 2008 he received the Vizzine Association Man of the Year award. In 2011 he received the man of the year award from the Festival of Songs USA Organization, and the Brooklyn Italian Soccer Club. He has been awarded the Recognition Awards from Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes, the Stars and Stripes Democratic Association, 2008. Proclamation from Senator Martin J. Golden – October 23, 2005. New York State Assembly Citation for his exemplary service to his community from Peter J. Abbate Jr. – Member of Assembly. Citation, President of the Borough of Brooklyn – Marty Markowitz. Proclamation from The Council, City of New York – Domenick M. Recchia Jr. 47th District and Vincent J. Gentile, 43rd District. Most recently he had the honor of receiving the Young Leadership Award from the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding under the leadership of prestigious individuals Russell Simmons, The Chairman, Rabbi Marc Schneier, Founder & President, and Ali Naqvi, Member of The Board.
Sal was also honored to be appointed by the current District Attorney of Brooklyn, NY to help fundraise for his campaign.
Sal Strazzullo acts as legal counsel to three foundations: the ASU of New York, the Aidione Society and the Castella Di Mare Cultural Association. He is a distinguished member of the Ben Bay Kiwanis Club.
Sal has become the go-to for legal commentary on high profile cases and has acted as a commentator on Joy Behar and Fox Five News. He has also appeared as a guest on CNN, Geraldo Rivera, Night Line, Fox Business, Fox News and Good Day New York. Sal also was dubbed “The Nightlife Lawyer,” in a profile by The New York Times due to his reputation for defending the nightlife elite.
Areas Of Practice
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- John Jay University, New York, New York
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Recognition Awards, Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes, Stars and Stripes Association, 2008
- Recognition Awards, State Assemblyman Peter Abbate, Stars and Stripes Association, 2008
- Vizzine Association Man of the Year award, 2008
- Aidone Social Cultural Association - 2005 Humanitarian Award
- Proclamation from Senator Martin J. Golden, 2005
- New York State Assembly Citation for his exemplary service to his community from Peter J. Abbate Jr. - Member of Assembly
- Citation, President of the Borough of Brooklyn - Marty Markowitz
- Proclamation from The Council, City of New York - Domenick M. Recchia Jr. 47th District and Vincent J. Gentile, 43rd District
- Vice Chairman for Marty Golden Committee
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- New York County Lawyers' Association - Member
- Kiwanis Club of New York City - Member & Board Member
- ASU of New York - Member/Legal Advisor
- Aidione Society - Member/Legal Advisor
- Castella Di Mare Cultural Association - Member/Legal Adviser